California Workers’ Compensation Litigation Process
A Focused Team Approach
The Jin Law Firm P.C. assists injured workplace victims with recovering all of their entitled benefits. First and foremost, if you are injured on the job, you need to file a workplace claim with your employer.
If you are injured, follow these steps to filing a workers’ compensation claim:
- Notify your employer immediately about the injury or your condition
- Complete a workers’ compensation claim form
- File the claim form with your employer
- If appropriate, consult an attorney to help you participate in settlement discussions
- If your claim is denied, follow the worker’s compensation appeals board’s procedures
- Review the final decision and decide whether to appeal
Appealing a Denied Claim
If your workers’ compensation claim is rejected or denied, you need to take action steps to help reverse this decision. California allows you to appeal a claim denial, and you can request a hearing in front of your workers’ compensation appeals board judge.
Your attorney can assist with your appeal, as this is a hearing where a judge hears both sides of the case and issues a decision whether they must provide you with workers’ compensation benefits, or you must accept their original decision to reject your claim. You may appeal this decision to the seven-member workers’ compensation appeals board in San Francisco.
Common Reasons Why Claims Are Denied
Workers’ compensation insurance companies deny claims for several reasons. Some companies hope that injured workers will accept the rejection and not finish pursuing the claim. Other companies immediately accept valid claims but deny claims they feel are unwarranted, or they shouldn’t have to cover. Here are some legitimate reasons why claims are regularly denied:
- The injury you suffered was not work-related.
- Your injury occurred when you worked for another company.
- You do not require time off to heal from your injury.
- You do not need medical treatment for your injury.
We Can Help Address All Your Workers’ Compensation Concerns
The Jin Law Firm has more than 40 years of combined experience between our attorneys, paralegals and support staff handling Los Angeles, California, workers’ compensation claims. We strive to protect our clients’ interests, focusing on helping them receive the maximum recovery they are entitled to for workers’ compensation.
Our attentive and responsive team is multilingual, speaking both English and Spanish, and we treat each client as though they’re VIP - giving you the utmost care, attention and detailed service. We offer free case consultations, so whether you’re just starting the workers’ compensation filing process or your claim has been denied, contact us and schedule an appointment today.